Monday, January 6, 2014

From My Hubby....

Here is a bit to chew on from Keith :0)


Who are you buying your Gold from?

This morning we all as a family were going to take our Tucker to Pullman, Washington to start college.  Something happened during the night.  I was exhausted, which I am finding ramps up my anxiety level.  When that happens I am weak and vulnerable to spiritual, emotional, physical and mental gaps.  I feel like everything is so hard to accomplish and I have very little, if any energy.  It’s just little spike of energy, then boom, like walking in quick sand.  I quite frankly don’t like that emotional state.  That’s not the normal for our (my) abundant life that Jesus said he has for his kids.  With that said, it does happen and by the grace of God and my proverbs 31 wife Camille.  It’s out in the open and not in the closet of life.  Camille, my helper, my best friend, my wonderful spouse who is so loving and kind has my back.  Camille has a way with words that are soothing and reassuring.  Think of it as a “word hug.”  Yep, I just made up a new word for the Webster’s scribes.  Camille’s words just wraps them around my heart, mind and soul.  I just feel better.  I just feel better.

 

Isn’t that what Jesus does for us.  He makes us “just feel better.”  He makes all things new.  He turns our sorrows into joy.  He trades beauty for the ashes in our day/life.  The mistakes, regrets, poor decisions that were dead.  In the Lord’s eyes, he exchanged for beauty.  That spirit of heaviness that makes it hard for you to move.  Jesus said, “Here is a garment, a piece of clothing from my heavenly closet.  I call it a garment of praise and worship.  That’s the clothing you wear when you get anxious or things seem just rough, ok?  I will let you have it forever.  How does that sound?  Good.  I just want you to feel better.” (Isa. 61:2-4) 

 

No, I haven’t forgot how I started this letter.  The trip to Pullman. Squirrel. J When the alarm went off at 6am, I got up and hit the snooze button.  You knew that was coming, because, “Hey” you do that all the time. J  Hopped back in bed and thought, “I am exhausted, my throat is sore, ears with some fluid and my sinuses are whacked.  I need rest for my body, mind and soul.” I leaned over and said to Camille, “Tuesday, can we go Tuesday to Pullman and not today?  I am exhausted.”  Camille responded, “Sure, no problem.  That’s big and thanks for listening to God.  It’s all good.”  See what I mean, she just makes me (everyone) feel better.  So when Tucker came into the room I said, “Tuesday.”  He said, “Okay.”  Thank you Lord for your grace and mercy. 

 

Now I am spending time with Jesus.  It’s intentional and I want to spend time with the one who gave his everything to me.  Paul says in Romans 12:1-2, “I beseech you brethren by the mercies of God that you present your bodies a living sacrifice.  Holy and acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.  Be not conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.” Shouldn’t it be reasonable to spend time with Jesus?  Yes, it should so that’s what I am doing.  It’s been about 30 minutes and my whole attitude has done a 360.  Jesus just makes you feel better. 

 

At Simple Church last night Pastor Anne opened up Revelation 3:14-23 and taught us the bread of life.  How rich with gold nuggets to place in our pockets as we go through our daily walk.  This is what I’ll be chewing and digesting on for strength this morning.  Yummy, yummy for my tummy. (kjv modified version J)

 

I’m going to start in the middle of these verses, because that seems to be the hot spot right now.  John wrote the words of the Lord and he says, “So I advise you to buy gold from me – gold that has been purified by fire” (Revelation 3:18) 

 

Dear Lord this is my written prayer to you that you will reveal to me what you want me to see.  My eyes get clouded with the world’s cataract and I need your ointment for healing.  So I may see with perfect vision.  In Jesus name Amen.

 

Let’s break this passage down to see what the Lord has for me. (us)  The phrase I advise you stands out.  Why?  Well, John is saying to the church at Laodicea.  I am advising you.  This is heavenly advice, hear, and if I were you, I would take this free advice and do what God is saying.  Everyday people give us advice.  Everyday.  Some advice good and some bad.  The media gives us advice and that’s pretty much bad.  Sounds good, and tastes good, but it’s lukewarm.  In this day and age, we need solid advice that is true and not fake.  Advice that is geared, driven for the right motives.  So, if John is advising you and I that means there is a choice.  See, when someone advises you at the end of the conversation we have to choose.  We have to choose box A or B.  Sign on the X or leave the pen at the table and walk away.  Question?  What’s the choice in this advisory situation?  Gold, where are you going to buy your gold from?  Gold here represents several things in life for you and me.  For me I hear the Lord saying life.  The gold here is my life and who will I choose to buy my gold from.  Who will I pick to worship the rest of my life?  My life has value in God’s eyes and he sees me as precious gold.  The best precious metal in the world.  Hey, heaven’s streets are of pure gold.  If God is and does have gold in heaven, that must be pretty good, right?  You bet it’s awesome.  John, the writer says that the gold has been purified by fire.  This gold has been tested, validated for its authenticity and gets a Godly gold seal of approval.  Question?  Why did John say that the gold has been purified by fire?  I believe that because, remember we have a choice.  Any type of advisory situation there is a choice.  A contrast to the right hand, which would be the left hand.  What hand will you pick scenario.  I believe that traders in the rich trading, commerce of Laodicea. Some of Laodicea had honest businessmen and dishonest businessmen. Some shop owners who sold their goods deceived the customer and gave them counterfeits.  Falsified certificates of authenticity and passed them as originals.  John says, “I advise you buy God’s gold, and not fool’s gold.”  Question?  Who would the fool’s gold represent?  That would be the fool’s gold of the enemy, Satan.  The enemy comes to steal, kill and destroy.  But Jesus, but Jesus comes to bring life and abundant life. (John 10:10)  The devil tempted Jesus 3x’s with fool’s gold and empty promises.  Jesus came back with the word of God and body slammed the enemy.  When the enemy comes we need to body slam him with the word of God like Jesus did. 

 

In closing, here’s the question to ask ourselves.  Who are you buying your gold from?  Who are you going to sell your life to?  Your life is gold and has cash value.  How are you going to spend it?  You only have one chance.  You have heard both sides of the case.  You have been advised to buy gold from heaven’s storehouse or the world’s storehouse.  The world’s storehouse is a fraud.  It’s fake and the buyer is out to steal, kill and destroy your life.  Destroy your gold dreams and desires.  But Jesus, but Jesus gold is from his dad’s unlimited  heavenly treasure chest of gold.  It’s liquid gold that brings eternal life.  God’s love is pure and tried by the fire.  It’s the real deal.  The life pen is in your hand.  Where will you sign?  As John said, “I advise you to buy gold from me, gold that has been purified by fire.” 

 

X__________________________________                     X________________________

 

Heavenly Gold- (right hand)                                           Fool’s Gold- (left hand)

 

Thank you dear Lord for offering your gold.  I choose to buy from you.  I worship you and bow down before you in awe.  I love you with all my heart, mind, body, soul and strength.  In Jesus name.  Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment